Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Healing Prayer

This coming sunday, may 24, we're lucky to host Rabia Harris who will speak to us on Healing Prayer

Rabia writes:

"My talk at First Presbyterian of Elizabethton will focus on the revival of healing prayer within mainline Christianity, and the work of the ecumenical healing prayer order, The International Order of St. Luke the Physician, with which I am affiliated as a lay minster, having previously served as the founding convener (lay coordinator) of my local chapter in Western North Carolina.
"We will discuss how healing prayer compliments medical and alternative therapies, and the importance of healing at all levels, not just the physical body. I am willing to lead the group in a healing prayer and meditation time at the close of the session, if that is appropriate. I will have a printed article called, "'The Power of Healing Prayer,' available for distribution after the presentation"

"A resident of Mars Hill, NC, north of Asheville, I am an interfaith minister with the Alliance of Divine Love, though I remain a devout follower of the teachings of Jesus. At the present time, I am engaged in various activities of the ecumenical Christian community (oftentimes called The Body of Christ) through spiritual practices such as Centering Prayer and Taize chanting in addition to my activities as a healing prayer minister. "

Please join us for this uplifting session. As always, you'll be very welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment