Wednesday, August 4, 2010

There's a special place in God's heart for Atheists

I've often felt that atheists hold a special place in God's heart. I hope to be able to share with you what I mean. This coming Sunday we'll view and discuss a 20-minute video of Daniel Dennett, professor of philosophy at Tuft's University, and author of "Breaking the Spell."
Dennett has been named as one of the modern Four Horsemen of the Anti-Apocalypse, along with Sam Harris ("Letters to a Christian nation,"), Richard Dawkins ("The God Delusion") and Christopher Hitchens ("God is not great.") While Dawkins, Hitchens and Harris have often been labelled as provacateurs, Dennett is charming, sincere, clear-voiced, funny, lovable and brilliant. Though not an atheist, I find Dennett to be endearing. I think we share much of his disbelief.
Please join us Sunday morning for an (hopefully) enjoyable session. We'll be glad see you. And as usual, excellent childcare is provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment